Herbs are important, not just herbs in a pill, but herbs you grow yourself and use daily, either in a tea or to season your foods.
Herbs are a skill that is being dismissed and shame on us if we allow it.
Medicine does not prevent disease it only intervenes, Herbs are your disease preventers.
70 years ago a physical diagnosis was based on the hair, fingernails and skin by both holistic and medical doctors. We now have all of our expensive equipment but it tells us very little until we already have a disease. Here again medicine intervenes but does not prevent.
Listed are five herbs that you can plant and have on hand.
Herbs to plant
1. Lemon balm – has a sweet lemon fragrance, grows easily. It strengthens the memory and is powerful for chasing away melancholy, good for flu’s and colds, support the lungs, also good for add/adhd, anxiety, depression, insomnia and nerves. Lemon balm has no adverse effects or toxicity, great for children.
2. Nettle – leaves are good for rheumatism, sciatica, infertility, spring tonic and blood purifier.
3. Calendula – Calendula repels many insects above ground and also below ground so this herb is a great border plant for an organic alternative to chemical sprays. Calendula has a wide range of medicinal uses. It is a soothing tea for gastrointestinal problems, healing wash for skin wounds, wonderful poultice for blisters, shingles or other skin eruptions.
4. Red clover – is a pretty plant, it grows most anywhere and is used for: fighting leukemia, breast, colon and prostate cancers. This herb is estrogen balancing and cancer preventing, even in melanoma.
5. Rosemary – protects against development of various cancers and tumors, it is a potent antioxidant against a wide range of carcinogens, it also detoxifies the liver. Take in small amounts only.
The following herbs either clean blood and organs, support the immune system, helps with the digestive system or fights cancers
6. cayenne pepper – is good for weight loss, detox, cleaning arteries and some stomach problems
7. Yellow Dock – blood and lymphatic cleanser
8. Burdock Root – cleans the blood
9. Cranberry – helps clean the kidneys and bladder
10. Ashwaganda – supports the immune system
11. Mushroom formulas – oxygenates and fights cancers.
12. Ginger -pain, memory loss, headaches, arteries, high blood pressure
The root cause of disease can include:
Constant and excessive junk food – that is foods with artificial coloring, flavoring and preservatives
Too much stress
Not enough sun-light – overexposure to artificial light
Exposure to daily pollutants – chemical (in products and foods) mineral (makeup and skin products radioactive (cell phones, computers) noise (loud music) also air-borne germs. Use lemon balm to make into a spray and spray your home.
Unhappiness with work or personal situation
Lack of Exercise
Excessive use of drugs (medications are included), cigarettes, alcohol.
Live healthy, grow a few herbs and eat well.
For phone consultations call: 843 488-3440; SCWellness.net